- 2 (15 oz) cans chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained with liquid reserved OR cooked chickpeas.
- 1/3 cup chickpea liquid (or more, as needed)
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
to make tahini: http://bintrhodaskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/06/how-to-make-tahini-or-sesame-paste.html
- olive oil
- fresh parsley
- Add all the ingredients to your Vitamix or high-powered blender and secure the lid. Remove the lid cap and insert the tamper.
- Turn the blender on high for 30 seconds (or more for creamier) and use the tamper to push the hummus into the blades. Add more chickpea liquid, if desired, for a softer hummus.
- Add the hummus to a serving plate and garnish with olive oil, paprika and fresh parsley.
We eat hommos using bread as a spoon.
This recipe is proposed by: https://downshiftology.com/recipes/3-minute-hummus/